Here at NTC, we understand how stressful it can be to plan your wedding. To make things easier for you, we have provided you with a breakdown of our bridal fitting process.
Newbury Tailoring Company’s Story
The Rivas Family is eager to meet your needs and provide excellent tailoring and alterations to your valuable garment. Whether you’re planning your wedding or any other occasion, let us take care of making sure you look great on your special day.
The Complete Process at a Glance:
Before your fitting(s)
- Bring your garment in at least 3 months before the wedding date.
- Be prepared to bring your intended shoes, undergarments, and veil (if applicable).
In general, the fittings will be assessed in partitions starting with the top of the garment, down. Fittings should span about 3 weeks apart. All deposits and tailoring fees are non-refundable, NO EXCEPTIONS.
First Fitting Appointment & Estimate
- Preliminary Measurements + Bodice and Straps
- Consultation Fee: $50.00
- Deposit: $100.00
Second Fitting Appointment
- Hem and Bustle – Baste the hem (we will not cut until the third fitting)
Third/Final Fitting Appointment & Payment
- Finishing Touches
- Optional Storage Fee (up to 4 weeks): $100.00
*Kindly prepare arrangements for bringing the garment home at this time.
ANY ADDITIONAL FITTINGS INCUR A $50 FEE.
Appointment Availability & Booking
- Contact Front Desk @ (617)- 946-6566 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to secure your fittings. Appointments are available everyday from 10:30 AM to 5:00 PM and will take approximately 30 minutes each. (15 min for the pick up)
CANCELLATION POLICY: ANY NO SHOWS OR CANCELLATIONS 24HOURS FROM THE APPOINTMENT INCUR A $50 FEE.
- We understand family and friends may want to join the experience. Kindly let us know if your party will exceed 2 people and we will be glad to accommodate accordingly.
- Weight loss and/or gain is not covered for under our policy. Measurements will be taken at each fitting.
Storage & Rushed Tailoring
- We provide storage for $100.00 every 4 weeks.
- Kindly speak with the owner or manager to get an estimation for rush fees.
Congratulations to you and your spouse on the start of a new beginning!