Thank you for choosing Newbury Tailoring Company for your bridal needs!
Here at NTC, we understand how stressful it can be to plan your wedding. To make things easier for you, we have provided you with a breakdown of our bridal fitting process.
Newbury Tailoring Company’s Story
The Rivas Family is eager to meet your needs and provide excellent tailoring and alterations to your valuable garment. Whether you’re planning your wedding or any other occasion, let us take care of making sure you look great on your special day.
The Complete Process at a Glance:
Before your fitting(s):
- Bring your garment in at least 2 months before the wedding date.
- Be prepared to bring your intended shoes, undergarments, and veil (if applicable).
- The tailoring of your garment for your special day requires 2-3 separate fittings.
- Fittings should span about 3 weeks apart.
- In general, the fittings will be assessed in partitions starting with the top of the garment, down.
- Measurements will be taken at each fitting. Weight loss or weight gain requires additional fittings at an additional fee.
We understand family and friends may want to join the experience. Kindly let us know if your party will exceed 2 people and we will be glad to accommodate accordingly!
First Fitting Appointment & Estimate (approx. 30 min.)
- Preliminary Measurements + Bodice and Straps
- Consultation Fee: $50.00
- Non- Refundable Deposit: $100.00
- Hem and Bustle – Measure the hem (we will not cut until the last fitting)
Final Fitting (approx. 30 min.)
- Finishing Touches
Pick Up & Payment (approx. 15 min.)
*Kindly prepare arrangements for bringing the garment home at this time. Garments must be picked up one week after the third/last fitting. If garments are not picked up within one week from the last fitting, storage fees will be charged.
- If another party is picking up any garments on your behalf, Newbury Tailoring Co. must receive written permission prior to releasing the garment.
*All accounts must be paid in full before garments can be released.
- Optional Storage Fee (up to 4 weeks): $100.00
- Storage fee: $100 if garment is not picked up within one week of the third/final or last fitting
- Additional fitting fee: $50.00
- For rushed tailoring kindly speak with the owner or manager to get an estimate
ANY CANCELATIONS WITHIN 24 HOURS FROM THE TIME OF THE SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT ARE CHARGED A $50 CANCELLATION FEE TO THE CREDIT CARD ON FILE.
Congratulations to you and your spouse on the start of a new beginning! Thank you for inviting us to be a part of your beautiful wedding! We look forward to working with you.